Regretfully, after a challenging few days consideration; we have made the decision to postpone the Rotary Cathedral to Castle Run on Sunday April 5th 2020. This follows updated guidance and advice surrounding public gatherings being announced by the Government and England Athletics. The decision taken is to ensure the safety of all our runners, spectators, volunteer staff, suppliers, medical teams and marshals.

With 19 days until the event day and at a time when the virus has still not reached its peak, we need to consider the implications to our runners and our front line services. We have made the decision at this time to hopefully minimise as much inconvenience as possible to all parties – we do not want to be forced to cancel only a couple of days before, which will have a much larger impact.

All those who have entered the Run will automatically be transferred to our new event date, Sunday 27th September 2020. There will also be the option to transfer your existing place to another person. We ask that entrants please wait to receive details surrounding this; which will be emailed to everyone shortly and regular updates will be provided via our official Facebook page.

Thank you for your understanding and please stay safe.


A dedicated email address,, has been set up to assist those registered with any enquiries relating to the postponement. This will be monitored by our volunteer organising committee and we will respond as soon as possible.